Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Introduction

Greetings!
I am starting this blog as a way of thinking out loud and inviting others to join me in the process.  My interests are varied, but center around a few main areas.  One of these is making connections between spirituality and the natural world, between the twin realities of our spiritual and physical Be-ing.  Christianity, the tradition that is my home, has not always been great about making these connections, but many indigenous traditions such as those of people who are native to this land and others, have lived in such a way that both are honored well.  We have much to learn from one another, if we can only keep our hearts and minds open.

This brings me to another primary issue that draws my attention, which is how fear and love (not romantic love, so much as the positive impulse that runs through us all) play out in human society.  When do we choose fear over love and why?  If we chose love more as individuals, how would that influence our societies?  Would violence and injustice simply disappear for lack of interest and energy?  It would sure be great to find out!

Last, I have just returned from a pilgrimage through Ireland, seeking out a sense of the spirituality of that land and her people, reading her myths and legends and hearing her songs.  My earliest blogs will most likely reflect some of what I experienced and learned from that time away as I bring it into relationship with my life and work here in Vermont.

I hope you will find these thoughts and musings helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment